Mandibular and facial pain
Indistinct mandibular and facial pain is often caused by tension or dysfunction of the mandibular and masticatory muscles.
One common cause is craniomandibular dysfunction (CMD). This dysfunction of the temporomandibular joint can trigger pain throughout the entire body via muscle chains and nerve connections, and even considerably change the statics of the body.
CMD manifests itself through a variety of symptoms:
- facial pain and headache
- temporomandibular pain, clicking and restricted range of motion
- masticatory muscle tension
- tinnitus, neck, shoulder and back problems
Diagnosis and therapyIn order to be able to better treat these symptoms, we offer a special examination and therapy plan, developed by Dr. Günther Malek and based on a comprehensive and structured mandible function diagnosis.
Finding the causesMultiple symptoms can often make a specific diagnosis difficult, because even a difference in leg length or a problem with the cervical vertebrae can cause jaw problems and facial pain.
To treat these dysfunctions quickly and lastingly, all affected areas must be accordingly balanced.
- occlusion, tooth position
- multiple or unilateral muscle tension
- interaction with the spine and body statics
- dysfunction of the mandibular joint and masticatory muscles
Mandibular function check
The mandibular function check is the basis for a targeted diagnosis of pain in the jaw and face, as well as of tinnitus.
This examination module includes:
- medical history and manual diagnostics
- mandibular function analysis via a specialized cmd physical therapist
- instrumental diagnostics: 3-D spine screening, neuromuscular stress reaction test
- analysis and evaluation: complete written diagnostic report including therapy recommendations
With our diagnostics, we identify individual causes of mandibular and facial pain and can initiate targeted treatment.
To do so, several treatment options are available:
Medical osteopathy / manual medicine
To cure dysfunctions of the jaw and body
Temporomandibular joint therapy / physical therapy
For physiological repositioning of the temporomandibular joint and the entire musculoskeletal system
High-performance laser therapy
High-intensity cold laser, with which even deep muscle and tissue layers can be treated
To relieve pain and functional limitations in the area of the temporomandibular joint and masticatory muscles
To improve the sense, control and influence of the temporomandibular muscles and body posture.
But: not every headache is the same.